Welcome to my life....

Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Vintage Memory~

How many of you have ever sit in your Granny's kitchen and got a perm?

I don't know what in the world made me think of this today...But I remember back in the Good Ole Days we would all go to Grannys on Monday night and take turns getting our perms.  Aunt Sandra always came prepared....She brought all her perm rods, combs and perms. 

There would be 10 of us sitting around all us kids would be playing (outside so the grown ups could hear jeopardy) those that wasn't watching TV was in the kitchen playing Scrabble and usually two would be swinging on the porch swing..

I just wonder how many families still do this?  I am sure not many (myself included).  Its too easy now..just go somewhere and pay someone to do it, But be sure to take your cell phone in case someone needs you..

I can't imagine any of our family having cell phones back then.  I mean if someone needed you and you wasn't at home chances are you'd be at Grannys!  I can remember it like yesterday, anytime someone would call Grannys, Mom would always answer the phone and I could hear her say "well, who is your mother"?? and she'd holler for one of my aunts. 

I am sure that I am not the only one that has stories like this, surly you all have some?

I am thankful for my childhood and remember the "little" things the most.  Its funny how that works...
I hope one day when our kids are older they will have some VINTAGE memories.


Mom and Granny Lemons 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment