Welcome to my life....

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Glazing

I gathered all my supplies and headed to the garage..

First I started out by Priming EVERYTHING....note to self-this is why they make those masks to wear!

This stuff smells really REALLY strong!

Next it was time for the Paint...

and more paint....

I let that dry for several hours (while I mowed the yard).  Next it was time for the GLAZE----


Ok, this stuff is a little messy to deal with...but thats ok. I was prepared for it.
Remember what I started with?

with a little LOT of time..... I slowly got this-
I wanted some new hardware for it but decided to spray paint the ugly brass BLACK!  It turned out good as new.

If am really happy with my first ever Glazing experience, I only spent $20 for this desk thingee so in the end I think I came out pretty good.





Before


After!




2 comments:

  1. I love this! I'd like to invite you to post it on Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage. The link will be up all week, I hope you can join in. Have a nice week, Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete