Welcome to my life....

Friday, April 22, 2011

Vacation Day?!??

I seem to think that taking a "Vacation Day" from work meant that you would be on VACATION that day??? Well that wasn't the case for me today!  I am worn out.

Today is our 3yr Anniversary of moving in our house...As in tradition Dad and I always pressure wash the porch.  I had been wanting some type of back porch for a year now (we have nothing currently) and what better time to do it than today?!!   I figure he build the porch and I would pressure wash...  Sounds good and all BUT I can't hardly walk now!



Dads Project

My Project!



We made it through..rain, thunder, lightning and SUN!   How my dad works like this I will never know...I am not one to do manual labor...I get home from work and my mind is tired NOT my feet, legs, arms, back, neck, hair, finger nails.....Get the point??  
Since I worked so hard today I only feel that I should share it with you all....you know so you all can tell me how totally awesome it is and brag on me, make me feel all this pain was worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


ugh...YEAH, did you think I would have another theme besides fishing??  I had to make sure hubby would sit out there with me!
 I figure, Hubby likes fishing...I like Vintage....I got it, VINTAGE FISHING DECOR!!


MIL made me this last year, I LOVE it!!



 
Most of the decorations came from yard sales and flea mkts, I really don't think I bought anything "new" that is on our porch.  I had been saving old fishing stuff for a while now...I would see an odd looking item and buy it...never paying over a couple of dollars for it.  Last year I did fishing stuff but went more toward the "camping" part of it.   I wish I had taken pics then but that was before I got obsessed with making over stuff. 
This RED metal bench was my grannys and the cushions are from a yard sale (NEVER buy new cushions way toooooo expensive).


Yes thats a minnow bucket on the left and a old fishing stool on the right!  Figured that would make cool end tables..

I get that the BLACK table on the left doesn't look that old...BUT it is metal (matches bench) and it is perfect height so see out the windows..so It will work for now.. (the fact that it was only 25.00 at a yard sale i knew i'd MAKE it work)!
Last year I had all the old baits hanging on a net...while it did look really cool, seemed they kept falling off.  As much money as I have invested in what I was "told" was VINTAGE baits....after purchasing a Guide To Old Fishing Lures, I soon realized I had several faux lures. LOL,  No worries though, I still like them and thought of using them this way..


I attached them to an old fly rod.  I moved my 3 thermos' out to the porch, I figured I had 3 windows, 3 stools, 3 kids....hey why not 3 themos?!? (they was another yard sale find, 1.00 each.

Can't forget to show you my cooler...I may have paid 5.00 for it but I just loved the birds and the colors.



Hope You enjoyed the screened in porch, now time to go towards the front of the house!



I know you are loving the Skeleton Key, right?  Funny story...


Went to an Estate Sale last year and went CRAZY over this key, I just had to have it.  I do believe it was one of the happiest "freckles find" EVER!!    Get home and can't wait to put it out...so many places it could hang..  As I was admiring it I seen some writing on the side and thought OH MY I have hit the jackpot! 
Look Closely at the writing...
"Key to Rock City"
So....If anyone ever wants to go to Rock City....I have the key!
no need to say how much it cost me.   :(
Hope you all enjoyed my Post, I am tired and think I will got sit on my clean
PORCH!









No comments:

Post a Comment