Welcome to my life....

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hoarder? I think NOT!

After recently watching the show "Hoarders" on A&E I decided it was time I started being more organized.
I just can't help it though...I try to buy only the stuff I NEED but its  much more fun to buy the stuff you WANT!  While I admit I do have stuff I really don't need I just can't part without it.  If you came in my house you would see all kinds of stuff on my kitchen counters...but only the stuff everyone else has..you know, Vintage Ice grinder, Vintage metal Premium cracker container, Vintage Metal Canisters, about 50 old egg beaters, mashers, grinders, Old metal egg basket...and I could go on and on and on!  I think about getting rid of this stuff and it kills me, all my vintage stuff means more to me than any new thing could.  I am pretty sure each piece will also come with a funny story (almost getting in a fight to get it, getting cussed out) you know just another day at the Yard Sales!
I am sure when I am dead and gone none of this stuff will mean anything to anyone but that's ok, those who know me know how much I love old stuff. 
With all this said...my point of this post was to "show" I was trying to be more organized!!  Again I forgot to take a BEFORE pic!!  (I will learn one day)

Ok if I had taken a before pic you would have seen this whole floor was covered in Xbox and Playstation games!  It really did drive me crazy but I had no place to put them. Until........I went to the Family Dollar yesterday...

I know what your thinking....the point of my Blog is to talk about "thrifted or vintage" things..well I did buy this "new" but for the low price of 12.00!  I had been looking online for something like this and the cheapest I found was around 60.00. 
So in the end buying this "new" item at such a great price still gave me the same kind of thrill I get when I buy something for a good price at a Thrift Store or Yard Sale.

This is how us thrifty gals spend our Winter since we can't Yard Sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment