Welcome to my life....

Monday, January 17, 2011

Goodwill=BADwill

I hadn't been to Goodwill in awhile...I decided since I was off work today I'd go...well, that was a BIG mistake!  I hadn't been since way before Christmas I decided then that they are getting too high. 
I get there a little after 4pm and was trying to hurry b/c I thought they closed at 5pm.  I noticed they are open till 6pm :)  I was a happy girl, I had two hours to take my time and look at everything in there (due to their poor lighting that never happens) I think they have it so dim in there so folks will give up and leave and they get all the bargains!  But back to my adventure, I even got me a buggy (I knew I'd get too much to carry)  1hr and 40min later I walked out of there with the same stuff I walked in with..NOTHING!  They have got to be kidding if they think I will pay 8.99 for a white t-shirt, I mean really??  You can shop JC Pennys cheaper than that!  Its really sad that a few months ago you could take 20.00 and come out with 10 bags full of stuff.  I know its not the employees fault but I find myself giving them that "look" when I notice something is too expensive!   I am sure they could care less but it makes me feel better.
Maybe when they see that the store is so full and nothing is being bought they will lower their prices, the "half off" days are not even deals anymore.  When they have a broken Tupperware bowl and ask 3.99 for it.....something is WRONG!
I guess I will just have to stick to my local Salvation Army they still have great prices.

2 comments:

  1. I could not agree with you more! I stopped in at my local Goodwill to look at a bike they had out front. Cute bike looked like a motorcycle but had a broken headlight, flat tires, and was missing the tassle from one of the handle bars. I asked How Much? I was told $30!!! Can you believe a used bike would be $30 and it needed tires? Please, I would rather pay $50 for a new bike and pick out exactly what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awful, Lorna. Maybe if folks stop going they will fix it!

    ReplyDelete